Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tiger Woods

Alright, so I know this is a soccer blog but I have been reading a lot of things about Tiger Woods so I decided to make my views known.

First off, yes Tiger behaved poorly and has since been punished (if not overly) for it. However, these were not crimes or arrestable offenses. These were personal problems and wrong doings and have nothing to do with anyone but Tiger and his family. We, as fans, press, or other players, have no right to to know exactly what happened or to get angry at Tiger. Yes, he may have misrepresented himself but most of us and done just as bad if not worse than Tiger and to have this huge public outcry against him is just plain hypocrisy. Leave the man alone, he made mistakes and is trying to make up for them TO HIS FAMILY which is all he needs to do.

Secondly, Tiger will come back and play this year and will more than likely be his usual self. I have heard that many fans will try to taunt and heckle him for what he has done which to me is just plain jealousy. He made a mistake in his life and anyone who plans to heckle him for it is just jealous of how great a golfer he is and is a hypocrite. So to all of you who plan to do that, GET A FUCKING LIFE.

Finally, yes Tiger is going to play. Where and when will he come back is the big debate now. In my opinion his best option would be The Masters at Augusta. I can understand that he wants practice and real competition before he plays there but my reasons for not doing so are pretty decent. People may heckle him and treat him poorly and at other more public courses it will be much worse than at Augusta. Augusta is a private club and is considered golfing heaven. People act differently when at Augusta and will shut those bad eggs out. Tiger will be heckled much less at Augusta and if he is the other fans will make sure to get that bad fan out of there. Plus, Tiger is like royalty at Augusta. Finally, coming back at Augusta gives him a chance to get right into and play at the top level right away without any of the off course distractions.

So that is it on my take for Tiger. He will most likely come back before the Masters but at least I have had my say now. Good luck Tiger, I, for one, am with you

No comments:

Post a Comment